Birla Young Indian Awards
Birla TMT Steel, a TMT Manufacturing company in India conceptualized and organized ‘Birla Young Indians’ Awards to celebrate the ‘National Youth Day 2020’ and to motivate the Youngsters of India for their active participation and innovative ideas for the development of the country.
Birla TMT Steel, a name that stands for strong foundation for every building that is created using Birla TMT Steel in India. Therefore, it becomes significant for a brand like Birla TMT Steel to explore and recognize the hidden talent in the country who need the recognition for their work they are doing and come out in the bigger world across many people.
During the Nomination Period, Birla TMT Steel received about 500+ applications from across India, from every small part of the country of people across gender, communities, religion, professions, passions and a lot more.
The selection process for top Birla Young Indians was a lengthy and difficult process for the Jury.
The awardees were invited to a grand Award Distribution Function at Chandigarh organized by Birla TMT Steel on 18th January 2020.
The awardees of Birla Young Indians 2020 were as below:
- Pragya Kureel: An independent author working for different publishers. She has represented India in International dialogues with Israel, Zambia, Czech Republic, china, Bangladesh. Awarded ‘100 inspiring Authors of India’ for my contribution in the field of literature. She has been also awarded with ‘100 inspiring Authors of India’ award for my contribution in the field of literature. Her next 5 Year Plan has a list of books all of them have a social issue involved. She also seeks to highlight and talk more about mental health issues through her books.
- Abhishek Bhatt: Abhishek Owns Agriplast Protected Cultivation Pvt. Ltd. a professional Project and Engineering company of the Agricultural field in India. The company offers range of the best grade of Polyhouse, Greenhouse, Net houses, etc. The Co. was started with a vision to revolutionize the protected structure of the agricultural industry in India. The company has its products available in India, Africa, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Abhishek Choudhury: Abhishek manages ‘Khetify’ which is trying to make ‘Farmville for Real’ by enabling urban customers with rooftops and balconies to effortlessly grow their own organic vegetables by providing portable ‘khets’ that are watered using an IoT-enabled drip irrigation system, resulting in 90% water reduction. Moreover, the system can be controlled remotely through your mobile phone. With our khet system, households can harvest up to 300 kg nutritious organic vegetables annually from just 200 sqft of terrace or balcony space.
- Abhishek Banerji: Abhishek is a proud owner of The Skill Hub, a company dedicated to personal and professional development through Skill Building & Mental Health Initiatives. Abhishek has been Selected as Global Goodwill Ambassador from India by Richard DiPilla, he has also received ‘Lion’s Game Changer’ Award for Leadership and ‘Together We Walk’ Youth Award, to name a few.
- Vinayak Jagannath Wadile: Vinayak Jagannath Wadile, an international chess player founded Chessvicky which is Asia’s First Online Gaming base Company. One can Play, learn, Earn and Compete with anyone via this game. The game has people from 145+ countries going crazy about it. He has been awarded as Youth Icon of Nashik by Radio Mirchi and a Young Entrepreneur.
- Anjali Tripathi: A lawyer by profession, Anjali is a co – founder at Lex Jura, a law journal which is dedicated on publishing the note worthy research of law students who find it difficult to get a platform in absence of monetary funds. also aiming at legal awareness in India, by spreading the importance of law and legal ethics amongst students as well as grownups. The main purpose of this journal is to give back to the society.
- Shivani Mehrotra: She founded Edubuk which is an Individualized Education System where learners (ranging from students to adults) discover their true passion (via MIIT Screening: Multiple Intelligence, Interests and Talent) and get relevantly skilled (by Customized Learning Plans) to convert their Passion into a Profession of their liking. To engage the students (learners on our platform) a “Community Connect Platform” has been started by her which connects parents, students, teachers and experts (from various fields) to have relevant conversations focused on Learning, Career Path and Employability. This is a result of a PhD of one the co-founders from the education background, Shivani. Both Co-Founders: Apoorva and Shivani have done their graduation and post graudation from best Institutes in India (IIT and IIMs) and are topper(s) and Gold Medalists from the institutes as well.
- CHITRANSH SAXENA: He is the Padman among the Birla Young Indians. He works on Menstrual Hygiene Management. His company MyPADBANK is a non-profit organization, working on creating awareness about Menstrual Hygiene. Categorized under Sustainable Development Goal number 6 designed by the United Nation, i.e. Clean Water and Sanitation, the organization has been delivering free sanitary pads to the underprivileged females every month in cities like Bariely, Noida. He has been awarded Karamveer Chakra Award and Exclusive Social Award 2019. He has also made a record in Limca Book of Records for Making Largest Sanitary Pad
- Amit Yadav: Amit Yadav owns For-Tax which helps the un-serve businessmen to help them to avail financial helps. FORTAX is Fin-Tech is software on GST, Incubated under SCI-FI under startup India Scheme and supported by IIM-L as well as SIDBI.
- Devendra Kumar: Kumar’s Ladli Foundation Trust is a Grassroots level Non profit organization actively working in 50 Districts of 10 States in India, Ladli is renowned for its unique initiatives for empowering & rehabilitating lacs of underprivileged and uneducated females & Adolescents in highly sensitive slums & rural areas. Ladli have been witnessed & deeply praised by Home Minister of India, Union Social Justice Minister, Bollywood Megastar Shri Amitabh Bachchan, Cabinet Ministers, International diplomats and other well-known dignitaries and National Media for its effective ground activities & outreach through its innovative initiatives.
- Anuja Aggarwal: Anuja’s Creative Labors is all about unleanleashing creative confidence in people. She has recently been awarded as one the 51 most influential women of Pune by Brijbhoomi Foundation and received the Karmaveer Chakra Award at Noida by United Nations and International confederation of NGOs.
- Harshad Gupta: Harshad’s Ecochirp Foundation works for the amelioration of Environment. A journey of working for environment which started 1.5 years back when Harshad took this initiative at his own level with the help of his friends. He has been awarded as Youth Representative at Climate Jamboree, 2018
- Nitish Dahanwal: Nitish co-founded Viknick which is an one stop online Rental Store across Chandigarh and Tricity where you can find wide range of products on rental basis. One can rent wide range of products on Viknick like ranging from DSLR Camera, GoPro, Lens and Accessories, Camping gears like Camping tents, Sleeping bags, Cycle, Projectors, even you can get event rental solutions on Viknick. We keep on adding new things in our service and product portfolio.
- Krishna Kumar Agarwalla: Krishna is into complete solutions for all building requirements. Be it steel, cement, sanitary, etc. materials like – sand, stonechips, etc. or services like interior designing to manpower handling we are one stop solutions to all construction needs.
- Rajiv Ranjan: Rajiv’s company provides an end to end solutions in IT infrastructure and services i.e. www.cms.co.in. The company is contributing in India’s growth by doing government projects related to IT infrastructure and services and helping government to serve the people in more effective and optimal way by adding technology.
- Rhythm Malhotra: Rhythm’s Malhotra’s Skillete is a School of Skills & Etiquette was born out of the desire to provide the tools for interpersonal skills and self-enhancement. At the very heart of Skillette’s philosophy is an absolute conviction that everyone can learn to master the rules of Modern Etiquette and increase their People Quotient, and to ease the process, we curate bespoke sessions each time. Skillette also works for promoting mental health awareness.
- Sunil Kumar: Sunil Kumar is a Thermal Power Plant Engineer working in NLC INDIA LIMITED is mining company under Ministry Of Mines, its a Navratna company whose final product is electricity from Thermal Power Plant, wind and solar farm. Sunil thrives hard to develop his knowledge and skills in such a way, so that he can contribute in providing clean and reliable power to nation.
- Anshul Garg: Anshul’s Sapphire Packaging is into the manufacturing of Corrugated boxes. (particularly Footwear boxes). Currently, Anshul says his factory in a rented property, in next 5 years he has plans to own one and double the employees what he has today(15) with a wish to generate more employement opportunities
- Kanhaiya Varshney: Kanhaiya’s Dauntless.Org educates underprivileged kids and works with blind students. Being a social activist, Kanhaiya always thrived for a community to help people in surroundings and settings around im to help and enhance the society. Kanhaiya is among one of the top 15 global finalists for Village to Raise a Child Program 2018 by Harvard Social Innovation Collaborative (SIC), Harvard University.
- Ketul Kumar: Ketul Kumar’s Indian Youth Club is a Non-Profit making, Non-Government, Voluntary organization based in India & working for the youth empowerment. “Indian Youth Club” is a platform provide the young generation to put forth their views to bring Positive Change in the Society so as to make it a better place for Living.
- Nitin Kumar: Nitin Kumar’s Vdoc.in is an online platform which connect all local vehicle mechanics to the customer at any place or any spot in West Delhi. He is working towards covering the Delhi NCR in near future. The online platform directly connects local mechanic to customer, People can also take prior appintment from the nearby mechanic.
- OJAS RAGHUVIR KALAMKAR: Ojas is a 24 years old “Electrical Design Engineer” in Popular Switchgears Pvt. Ltd Nashik. His company Popular switchgear Private limited has been awareded with many National Prizes. Ojas has had a hard life and dreams to make it big in life.
- Rishi Dutt: Rishi is a fitness trainer at a well known Gym in Chandigarh. When Rishi became aware of the importance of being fit and healthy, he knew this was the field he was going to work on. In the next five years, he wants to expand his coaching online as well so that he can reach out more people to help them with their fitness goals. He has been Awarded as best personal trainer multiple times at the gym he works at.
- Rohit Raj: Rohit’s Connectfor provides volunteer to different NGO’s in 5 cities i.e. Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Ahmedabad, Benguluru. In very few years of initiation,it has a great effect on changing people’s mindset and making them responsible.
- Rushil Somani: Rohit has his own Event Management company named as Knockturnal Events and he is also into Organic Product Business and supporting the Family Business as well. When Rohit started receiving Appreciation , Awards & support, it kept motivating to GROW More and Stand Different from others.
- Amit Kumar: Amit is a part of Akash engineering services is a leader in the field of Construction of Power plant industries, the company was started by two entrepreneurs of Vishakhapatnam and within a few years it has done significantly awesome work. The company has its Construction projects in various countries like Bangladesh, India, Indonesia and Kuwait.